LED strip lights under a cabinet or counter is not very difficult and and with a small amount of time, anyone can do it. Whether you are an avid do-it-yourself person or someone who does not know the difference between a phillips and flathead screw driver, LED strip lighting installs under counter are very easy if you follow the steps.
1. A clear picture of what you want the project to look like and some imagination. You can do just about anything with LED strip lights.
2. Your LED strip lights. Choose what color and brightness you need for your under cabinet LED strip light install. For task lighting and for lighting under cabinets that require high brightness, our Ultra Bright LED strip lights are recommended. For normal kitchen or accent lighting installs, our Colorbright LED strip lights have 600 LEDs per reel and are sufficient for almost all under cabinet lighting situations.
3. A power supply. Our LED power supplys are UL listed and top of the line. Which one do you need? We have a chart here. To figure this out, you need to first decide how many feet of LED strip light you will need for your under cabinet install. Colorbright series uses 3.3 watts per foot. So, 3.3 watts X how many feet = total watts. Take total watts and devide by 0.8. This will give you the total watts of the power supply you need. Take that number and divide by 12 to get the amps. (or 24 of you are using 24v LED strips).
Example - 8 feet colorbright strip light under cabinet install - 8 feet X 3.3 watts = 26.4 watts. 26.4 watts / 0.8 = 33 watt power supply needed. How many amps? 33/12= 2.75 amps
4. A power drill (if you wish to hide power supply in cabinet like video below)
5. LED Solderless Conectors and Coaxial for LED strip lights. Installing LED lights under cabinets is made much easier with solderless connectors. Here is our LED solderless connector install guide - enjoy.
6. Some electrical tape, optional LED dimmer, and thats it! Our LED dimmers give you the ability to... well... dim the LED lights from 100%-0% brightness.
NOTE: Consult an electrician before any install. Also there is a step in this video that can be made a lot easier if you got a female DC coaxial connector! Makes installation easy.
See, that wasn't so bad. Installing LED strip lights under cabinets, kickboards, counters, and well... wherever is really simple and easy. If you need assistance in your under cabinet LED light install let us know! Call us or email us at email@example.com, we will get back to you, we promise! If you are reading this you are probably now feeling evry interested in starting your under cabinet project.
Flexfire LEDs - We are LED distributors in the USA. Our LED under cabinet lighting products are well known through our distribution networks in California, New york, Florida, Texas, and all of Canada! We would love to have you distribute our products. firstname.lastname@example.org