5-Channel DMX512 Decoder
Our flicker-free 5-Channel DMX512 Decoder is a high-end 5-channel DMX decoder capable of dual functionality as both a DMX Decoder and a DMX RGB Controller. It is designed with 5 channels with a capacity of 8 Amps each for a total of 192W per channel at 24V DC. With five available channels, it’s a great choice for static white, dynamic tunable white, RGB, RGB+W, and RGB + Tunable White applications. Create millions of colors with smooth fading and color-changing effects with zero flicker.
This unit has a built-in digital display that is user friendly for easy setting or configuration adjustments, without needing to deal with the hassle of DIP switches. The unit offers the most flexible configurations for a quality and flicker-free lighting display on audiovisual applications. This controller is fully compatible with the latest DMX512, DMX512 (1990), DMX512-A and RDM V1.0 (E1.20 - 2006 ESTA Standard) protocols.
This unit features a standalone controller mode, which allows it to control RGB fixtures without the need for any additional software. Additionally, the RGB standalone mode can be used to set this device as a controller when paired with other decoders.
This is a versatile product that can be set up in many different ways thanks to its many adjustable modes, such as:
- PWM Frequency settable from 500–30000 Hz for a flicker-free performance
- DMX Resolution settable at 8-bit or 16-bit
- Adjustable Gamma dimming curve values, from 0.1 to 9.9, for ultra-precise dimming
- Various optional decoding modes to enable ultra-fine brightness adjustment for one or all channels, and strobe effects
- Micro dimming adjustment for precise color mixing
As a Controller, this unit can control LED lighting with 8 levels of brightness, 32 built-in programs for RGB static and dynamic patterns, and different speed levels.
This decoder offers a large selection of DMX input and output signal options including XLR5, RJ45, and detachable screw down connectors. This allows the user to connect the Decoder to any type of DMX Fixture, Console, or other DMX Products.
- High-end DMX512 & RDM LED Decoder
- Controller and Decoder Modes
- User-friendly digital display
- Durable metal casing
- 8 amp 5-channel constant voltage output
- Multiple data input and output options: XLR5 ports, RJ45 ports, and screw DMX terminals
- Compatibility with DMX512, DMX512 (1990), DMX512-A and RDM V1.0 (E1.20 - 2006 ESTA Standard) protocols
- Short circuit protection
- RDM bi-directional communication function allowing for real time remote monitoring
- Under RGB Controller mode:
- 8 levels of brightness
- 32 built-in programs for RGB static and dynamic patterns
- Different speed levels and individual channel control
- Under Decoder mode:
- Decoder detection, DMX address setting, and decoder information display functions
- Address up to 5 channels
- PWM output frequency setting
- PWM ratio frequency setting.
- Optional decoding modes, brightness adjustments, Gamma-dimming curve values setting
- Audiovisual applications requiring high PWM frequency.
- DMX applications requiring 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 output channels.
|Input Voltage||12-24V DC|
|Output Power||480W (12V), and 960W (24V)|
|Output Current||8A/ 5 channels|
0.85 Lbs (0.38 Kgs)
|Size||L: 6.5”(164mm) x W: 2.8” (73mm) x H: 1.5” (38mm)|
|DMX Control System Type||DMX512|
|Refresh Rate||500 – 30000Hz|
|Dimming Curve||0.1 – 9.9|
|Gamma Resolution||8-bit / 16-bit|
|Ambient Temperature||-20°C – 50°C|
|Certificates||CE, RoHS, UL Recognized Component|
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why use DMX?
If you have very specific control requirements, an animation pattern, or set-ups that require multiple zones or areas, then DMX is a good fit for your project. DMX controls many different pieces of DMX equipment such as lighting equipment, smoke machines, projectors, dimmers, etc. from a central location. In addition, fewer cables are used saving setup time and cost.
Q: How do you control DMX?
First you need to determine how many lighting zones or areas you wish to control independently. Each one of those zones or areas needs its own DMX address, so a DMX decoder can send a signal to control it.
A single DMX universe can control up to 512 channels. Some controllers have only a single DMX universe while others have multiple. Single-color LEDs require a single channel to send instructions to dim or brighten your light, or to switch it on and off, but Dynamic Tunable White, RGB and RGB+W each have different channel requirements to control the brightness of each adjustable color. For example, an RGB LED strip will use three of the 512 channels within a single DMX universe, one for red, one for green and one for blue.
Q: What’s the difference between the Decoder and Controller Modes?
Under the Decoder Mode, you can hook up other units of this product to a main one (a Master Controller) and control them all at once. As an alternative, you can use a different DMX Controller and use this unit as a decoder. Remember, DMX512 is a standard; all DMX512 controllers use the same language, so if you already have a DMX controller, it will work with these decoders.
Q: Is this Controller compatible with any LED strip light?
In Controller Mode this unit is designed to be compatible with any constant voltage RGB fixture.
Q: Can I install the receiver outdoors?
These products are not outdoor rated. Keep them indoors, and avoid exposition to moisture or direct sunlight.
Need assistance with your project or purchase? Our design specialists are ready to help. Contact Us!
User Guide - Data Sheet