- Browse Products
- LED Strip Connectors and Wire
- ColorBright™ RGB LED Strip Light Connectors
- RGB Strip Light Extra Wire 22 AWG
RGB LED strip light extra wire - RGB wire sold by the foot for LED strip light
LED RGB strip lights can be connected at length with by using the 22 gauge extra wire above. Use this with the RGB Solderless connector by butt splicing or using electrical tape to secure the lines together.
But wait, I am confused!? Which RGB LED strip light wire do I need?
The 22 or the 16? These numbers correspong the the wire gauge, or, thickness of the wire. When putting 12v or 24v of electricity through a wire, the current will get weaker as it travels through the line. If you have a long run, you may get what is called 'voltage drop', meaning, that 12v you put into the wire may only a fraction of that once it reaches the end, meaning a lot less brightness in your lights, or not enough power to light them at all.
OK, so back to the numbers. Thicker wires enable the electricity to travel longer distances. Here is a page on voltage drop - https://www.flexfireleds.com/led-strip-light-voltage-drop-what-is-voltage-drop/
- For short runs between RGB LED strips or from the controller to the lights, the 22 AWG RGB strip light extra wire will work. (You are on the correct page)
- For longer runs, or if you are putting more than 4 amps through the line, use the 16 AWG RGB strip light wire
RGB LED Strip Light UL Extra Wire Product info:
- 4-22 AWG wires . Great for shorter gaps between RGB strip lights.
- Red, Green, Blue, and Black Color
- RGB strip light wire is SOLD BY THE FOOT. Please enter the quantity in FEET when ordering.
Posted by Erick on 9th Jan 2015
Very useful if you don't want to worry about swapping the wires, as they're color coded.
Easy to work with
Posted by Chris K on 5th Mar 2013
Used this wire to extend a strip to strip connector (made it 15 feet) to span from one side of kitchen to another. Soldered easily and I used shrink tube to make a nice looking connection.
Specifications for this Hybrid LED light kit
|Product||Hybrid Bright White/Warm White LED Strip Light|
|Color Temperature||2900K for Warm White and 6500K for Bright White|
|Lumen (Brightness)||3450 Lumens per reel|
|Quantity per unit||You will receive a continuous 16ft section of lights|
|UL Listed?||Yes UL Listed, Must be used with class 2 power transformer|
|Working Voltage||12v DC|
|Beam Angle||120 Degrees|
|Rigid or Flexible?||
-Flexible installation up to 90 degrees. Used on curved surfaces
|Power consumption||2.92 watts per foot|
|LED Count per reel||600 LEDs|