RGB LED Strip Light Signal Amplifier
This in-line RGB amplifier is perfect for long-run RGB strip light installs. The RGB amplifier takes the signal off the first run of RGB lights and amplifies it to the next run. You need to connect the proper sized LED power supply to the amplifier in order to make it run correctly.
The amplifier is needed because of what is called "voltage drop". So after longer lengths of LED strip light, the current drops off and makes the strips dimmer at the end of the run than the beginning.
1 x LED RGB Amplifier
1 x User manual
- RGB Amplifier Voltage Input: 5-24V DC
- Power: total 288W(12V) or 576W (24V)
- Output: 3 channel (3x8A) 24A Max
- Push-in connectors in input and output sides.
- Working Temperature: -30 to 60 deg C
- Size (L x W x H): 3 3/7 x 15/16 x 5/8 inch / 87 x 24 x 15 mm
- Color: White
- Housing Material: PVC case
When do I need an RGB amplifier?
This is entirely dependent on the strip’s voltage and maximum run length capabilities.
150 LEDs per reel RGB LED strip light = For 12V systems, you can run the lights up to 32' (2 reels). For 24V systems, you can run the lights to 48’ (3 reels).
300 LEDs per reel RGB LED strip light = For 12V systems you can run the lights up to 16’ 5” (1 reel). For 24V systems you can run the lights to 32’ 10” (2 reels).