Solderless connector strip for Colorbright Single Color Series (8mm) make is easy for you to connect your LED high intensity flexible strip light to any wire or power supply. These connectors are compatible with Colorbright single color strip lights and other single color strip lights 5/16 inch (8mm) wide.
Easily connect your flexible strip lights without any hard work. We make it simple to install and enjoy your ColorBright flexible strip lights in no time.
We recommend to solder your LED strip lights for a stronger connection.
These connectors can be fragile if not handled with care.
Please follow the instructions while installing.
Quick Installation Guide (please read!)
Although soldering is the best way to maintain a long lasting connection, the solderless connectors are a great way to get your project going quickly. When installed correctly, the connectors should not be loose and should provide a secure connection.
|Solderless Connector Connection Guide|
- NO difficult soldering
- Add an extra strip easily!
- Make it a VERY easy connect and disconnect
- Hold strips in place with durable securing brackets
Short tutorial: (photo tutorial below)
- Cut along the mark line, tear a little bit 3M backing tape from the mark. If 3M tape is not peeled off a little, it will not be easy to insert the strip into the connector.
- Pull the black plastic lock out from the LED solderless connector.
- Insert strip into the LED solderless connector. There are two sides to the connecting tray. Make sure the wider of the white sides faces up. This is the top.
- Make sure the soldering pads fully touch the conjunction metal.
- Do not use to much strength while pulling the plastic lock, otherwise it can destroy the LED solderless connector.
- Push the plastic lock back towards the middle in the lock position. Be gentle and make sure the mounting tray is securely closed or the lights will not light up.
If your lights do not light up
- Color does not always matter! Make sure you are follow the positive side of the flex strip down through the solderless connector wire to the power supply. Red/black can either mean (+) or (-) depending on what side of the LED flex strip you have hooked the connector up to.
- Another common problem is that the LED solderless connector may be installed upside down, repeat steps above and try again.
- Also, MAKE SURE the tray is closed all the way. Be gentle!
- Check your power supply and make sure it is hooked up correctly and correct + and - too.
Showing reviews 1-3 of 18 | Next
Posted by Unknown on 18th Dec 2014
Very expensive, but much better than others.
Bought for long term, which is how I justified the cost.
Previously, I bought "cheap" LED strip for $70 at box store, had all kinds of issues with connectors (90 degree turns, space between light strands). the lights always had loose connections and kept loosing the light. replacing them with flexfire - which has much better connectors.
Recommend extra connectors, and I exposed a bit more of the copper at the very end of the light strand by scrapping off a bit of the plastic.
The reset button on the power supply is good- but make sure you can get to it.
The lights are very bright. I tried dimming lights at the light switch, but there is some flickering since the load is very low. FlexFire sells the Luetron dimmer switch, I had a different brand, but don't think that would have made a difference. Will add rope lighting to another outlet on that circuit (controlled by that switch) to see if that helps.
If running for kitchen cabinets - plan your wiring before installing the cabinets. I ran everything off one switch, and had low voltage wiring to all the places I wanted the lights. then realized it would have been great to have it on the other side of the room (after I finished the ceiling).
Posted by Unknown on 15th Nov 2014
The best thing for a lousy solderer! Easy to use, and one other thing - they work perfectly. Time line from order to receipt was less than one week. What a wonderful surprise. I cut them and use them for model railroad building lighting.
Posted by Unknown on 22nd Sep 2014
Service was wonderful, strips came very fast, took me less then 7 minutes to put it together. Did watch the video first. Before I had no light over my sink now it looks like daylight,( love them) wish I could afford more I would do my whole kitchen. ( kitchen is in the middle of my house ) no windows very little light Had to turn on all the lights just to use the sink! No more thank you so much Happy I found you guys. I did call to ask about them and the man I think his name was David he was so helpful and told me just what I needed. Love me some Flex fire LEDs.
Showing reviews 1-3 of 18 | Next