Lutron® Diva 250w Dimmer
The Lutron© Diva Dimmer provides an easy-to-operate rocker switch that turns lights on/off to your favorite light level or use the slider dimmer to adjust lights manually.
A simple and elegant solution designed to match your existing designer style switches and accessories. Easily turn the lights on and off with the paddle switch. While the lights are on, use the sleek slide control to adjust lights to your perfect level. The paddle switch returns the lights to your favorite level.
This dimmer works in single pole and 3-way applications and is compatible with our Zurik® EMLV Drivers.
NOTE: Wall plate not included - add one from the options box above
- Large rocker switch and small slider dimmer for precise lighting control
- Gloss finish
- UL listed - (UL 1472 / CSA C22.2 184.1)
- Quick installation in as little as 15 minutes
- Locator light glows softly in the dark for easy dimmer location
- This dimmer works in single-pole or 3-way mechanical switch applications
- Power failure memory (Diva remembers your settings even after a power interruption)
- Compatible with our Zurik® EMLV LED Drivers
- Residential applications
- Commercial applications
Lutron® Diva 250w Dimmer Specifications
- UL and cUL listed
- 120V / 60Hz
- 250W Max. Load
- 40W Min. Load
- Indoor Use Only
- Standard RFI suppression
- Operating Temperature Range: 32ºF to 104ºF (0ºC to 40ºC)
- Power Failure Memory
- 1-Year Warranty
- Wall plate not included
|Assembled Height (in.)||4.5 in||Assembled Depth (in.)||2.5 in|
|Certifications and Listings||1-UL Listed||Assembled Width (in.)||2.5 in|
|Independent Living Type||Low Vision||Electrical Product Type||Dimmer|
|Manufacturer Warranty||1 Year||Locator Light||Yes|
|Remote Control||No||Product Series||Diva|
|Wattage (watts)||800||Wall Plate Included||No|
Lutron® Diva 250w Dimmer Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use two of these in a 3-way application?
You can use only one Diva dimmer in a 3-way. In the other location you'll need to use a standard mechanical switch, such as model CA-
Can I install this in a 4-way location?
You can use a Diva dimmer in a 4-way application. In this type of application, three switches control the lights. Two of those switches are 3-ways and the middle location is a 4-way. You'll need to install the Diva dimmer in one of the two 3-way locations. You'll need to keep switches in the other 3-way and in the 4-way location.
Is it ok to install this without a ground connection?
Yes, you don't need a ground connection.
What is the minimum load?
The minimum load for this dimmer is 40W.
Where can I find help installing this product?
You will be able to find a wiring diagram, installation video and a step-by-step walkthrough for this product on Lutron's Wiring Wizard for a single pole application or a 3-way application.
Why are my lights flickering or not turning off?
- If you're using this in a 3-way application, make sure that only one dimmer is on the circuit. You'll need to use mechanical on/off switches in the other location.
- Ensure the bulbs you're using are incandescent or halogen, as this dimmer is not rated to work with dimmable CFL or LED bulbs. We do manufacture a C•L version of Diva, model DVCL-153P, which is compatible with a large list of dimmable CFL or LED bulbs. To learn more about this dimmer and view the compatible list of bulbs, visit our LED page.
Will one location not turn on if the other location is turned off?
The common and traveler wires are switched at one of the locations. Consult the Wiring Wizard or the installation guide here for wiring guidelines in a 3-way setup. The common wire will be the one identified as the "tagged" wire in this document. This is the wire either bringing line voltage into the wallbox, or it is the wire that delivers voltage to your lights. Traveler wires go between two wallboxes, and typically will "travel" together in the wall. If the common and a traveler wire are switched on the control, one side will only turn on if the other is in the on position.
Need assistance with your project or purchase? Our design specialists are ready to help.Contact Us!