- >Compatible Products
Lucid™ Flexible LED Neon Strip Light - Side Bend
Our Lucid™ Flexible LED Neon Strip Light is ideal for accent applications, signs, wall lighting, landscape lighting, and areas where lighting is embedded into a surface; among many others. This strip lights emulate the effect of a neon light, creating a continuous, lustrous line of light, offering many improvements over traditional neon lighting.
This product can be easily installed using mounting brackets, aluminum channels, or bendable mounting channels. Different pieces of this strip can be joined using Jumper Connectors and End Caps, thus allowing this strip to be used on different types of projects. Plus, it is easy to control using any of our controlling options: PWM controllers, AC dimmers, or DMX controllers.
The IP65 rating means that the Lucid™ Flexible LED Neon Strip Light is able to withstand jets and splashes of water from all sides. It cannot be submerged in water, but it will withstand the elements. We also recommend them for use indoors in high splash areas or if you're looking for a strip that is easier to clean.
Top Features and Benefits:
✔ Lumen output up to 155 lm/ft
✔ Fully dimmable and color controllable
✔ 160° Beam Angle
✔ 24V DC Input
✔ Environmental Temperature -4°F to 113 °F (-20°C to 45°C)
✔ UL Listed (cULus) E362522
✔ Single-bin LED selection to ensure color consistency (3-Step MacAdam)
Each strip includes an attached 12-inch connector, a loose 12-inch power connector, and an endcap. This strip light can be easily installed using mounting brackets, aluminum channels, or bendable mounting channels. Different pieces of this strip can be joined using Jumper Connectors and End caps, thus allowing this strip to be used on different types of projects. Plus, it is easy to control using any of our controlling options: PWM controllers, AC dimmers, or DMX controllers.
Applications and Use:
These strips are installed in a wide variety of applications including:
• Accent lighting
• Wall lighting
• Cove lighting
• Deck/Patio lighting
• Cove lighting
• Bathroom lighting
• Path lighting
• Signage lighting
• Commercial lighting
• Retail lighting
Available Colors (CCTs):
Why choose Lucid™️ Flexible LED Neon Strip Light?
These lights are ideal for applications that require accent lighting or to complement a main light source. These LED Neon Strip lights are perfect for signs, wall designs, architectural applications, landscape lighting, and they also can be mounted into surfaces. Additionally, these lights are IP65 rated so they can be used both indoors and outdoors.
Our Lucid™ Flexible LED Neon Strip Lights are the perfect replacement for conventional neon tube lights, outdoing them in every category when they are compared. LED Neon strip lights are more affordable, durable, resistant, efficient, safer, easier to install, and more environmentally friendly than conventional neon tubes.
Our Neon strip lights are made with top-of-the-line components and are UL Listed, RoHS, and CE compliant.
✔ 2.7 Watts/ft
✔ 3014 LED chips
✔ Fully dimmable
✔ Available CCTs: 3000K and 5000K
✔ Width (at the base): 3/8" (10 mm)
✔ 160° beam angle
✔ Height: 7/8" (20 mm)
✔ Minimum lateral bending diameter: 4 3/4" (120 mm)
✔ Operating temperature: -4°F to 113°F (-20°C to 45°C)
✔ 50,000 hour lifespan (8 hours a day for 17 years)
✔ IP65 Rated
✔ 7-year Warranty
- ✔ Maximum run length 32'10" (10 m)
✔ UL Listed (cULus) E362522
|Product SKU||Color - CCT||Watts / Foot
|Lumen / Foot
(Lumens / Watt)
Rg Color Sat.
Controllers and Home Automation
Compatible Single Color Controllers and Home Automation
Lucid™ LED Neon Connectors and Accessories
Non Dimmable Drivers
Flexfire LEDs® Plug-in Power Supply
Mean Well™ HLG and LPV Hardwired Power Supplies
Warning: Do not install product with the majority of the product unsupported. Allowing the product to be suspended or dangling while installing may cause damage to the PCB due to the weight of the strip and/or spool.
1. Mock Installation
- Before cutting the LED Neon strip, or installing permanently, make sure to complete a mock installation to test your lights.
- It is important that you have a clear vision of your project and know what you want the end result to look like. Plan where you want to install your driver and dimmer. Lay out all the components in the correct area.
- Connect your LED Neon strip to your dimmer and power supply. It is very important to do this before cutting your strips or installing them.
- Turn on your lights and check to see if everything is working properly.
2. Troubleshoot If Needed
- The strips should light up after connecting them to your dimmer and power supply. If they do not, please check your connections and make sure the polarity matches all the way through from the power supply to the LED strip (positive to positive, negative to negative).
- Before installing your lights, check to see if the brightness level and color temperature you chose for your project look the way you envisioned. You will be ready to proceed with the installation after testing your lights and components.
3. Turn Power Off at Circuit Breaker
Turn the power off at the circuit breaker to avoid any possible injury.
4. Cut Strip Light to Required Length
- Before cutting your Lucid™ Flexible LED Neon Strip light make sure the indicating arrows printed on the sleeve are pointing in the opposite direction to power.
- Locate the cutting point on your LED Neon Strip light. If you look on both sides of the strip, you will see a black line in the middle of it. The line signals all cutting points on the strip.
- Using scissors or shears, cut through the Lucid™ Flexible LED Neon Strip light making sure to cut on a straight line.
5. Prepare the Lucid™ Flexible LED Neon Strip Light for Connectors
Grab the spacers that come with any of the connectors and insert it over the LED strip light. Each end of the spacer should slide next to the first LED chip on your strip light. Do not forget to use the spacers as they provide protection against any unwanted contact when bending the Neon LED strip light.
6. Attach Power Connectors to LED Strip Light
Grab your connector and and slide it into the Lucid™ Flexible LED Neon Strip light, making sure the blades on the connector are placed between the actual LED strip light and the clear plastic below the LED strip light.
7. Install Front Caps and End Caps
- Confirm your connections work properly and put some silicone sealant inside the front cap. Then, place the front cap over the connection. Make sure it is properly adjusted, until it snaps. Please let it dry for at least 24 hours before using the LED Neon strip light.
- Repeat the last step using the end caps.
8. Mounting the Lucid™ Flexible LED Neon Strip Light using Mounting Brackets
- Using the included screws, fix the Mounting Brackets to the surface. It is recommended you use one Mounting Bracket for every meter of the Lucid™ Flexible LED Neon Strip Light for Connectors.
- Insert the Lucid™ Flexible LED Neon Strip Light for Connectors into the Mounting Brackets.
9. Mounting the Lucid™ Flexible LED Neon Strip Light using Rigid or Flexible Mounting Channels
Use either the Rigid Mounting Channel or the Bendable Channel to install your Lucid™ Flexible LED Neon Strip Lights. Simply affix the channel onto the desired surface using the appropriate style screws for your application, and then insert the LED Neon Strip light into the channel.
10. Using Waterproof Connectors
Use the Lucid™️ Flexible LED Neon Power Connector Pair for Wet Location power connections. Install to the strip as you would do with a regular connector (see step 3), and screw together the connector caps of both pieces.
11. Complete All Connections
Complete the connections and wiring between your power supply, dimmers, and controllers. For more guidance, refer to the system diagrams below on how to connect your Lucid™ Flexible LED Neon strip lights to your driver.
12. Turn Power On at Circuit Breaker
Turn on the power. The Lucid™ Flexible LED Neon strip lights should light up and work properly.
Lucid™ Flexible LED Neon Strip Light - Side Bend FAQ
Q: What exactly is Neon Flex?
Neon Flex strip lights have similar components to regular LED strip lights, but Neon Flex strip lights are fully covered by flexible silicone tubing. They are called Neon Flex because they mimic standard neon tube lights, but our Neon Flex products do not come with fragile glass, neon gas, or mercury.
Q: What are the main advantages of Lucid™ Flexible LED Neon Strip Lights over standard neon lights?
The main advantages of our Lucid™ Flexible LED Neon Strip Lights are:
- Affordability: They are cheaper, and don’t need to be replaced as often as regular neon lights.
- Durability: Our Lucid™ Flexible LED Neon strip lights have a lifespan of approximately 50,0000 hours. Regular neon tubes only offer a fifth of that.
- Resistance: Our Lucid™ Flexible LED Neon strip lights are strong and flexible whereas regular neon tubes shatter easily.
- Efficiency: Our Lucid™ Flexible LED Neon strips have a low power usage.
- Safe: Lucid™ Flexible LED Neon strip lights remain cool to touch and don’t break, nor are subject to leaks.
- Ease of Installation: Our Lucid™ Flexible LED Neon strip lights can be installed by anyone following the instructions on our installation guide.
- Noise reduction: Our Lucid™ Flexible LED Neon strip lights won’t produce a buzzing sound that’s characteristic of regular glass neon tubes.
Q: Can I use my Lucid™ Flexible LED Neon Strip Lights outdoors?
Yes, your Lucid™ Flexible LED Neon Strip Lights are outdoor rated and have an IP65 rating. Please make sure all connections and other components are also IP65-rated.
Q: What is the product warranty?
Because of our unyielding confidence in the quality of our product, we offer a 7-year warranty on our Lucid™ Flexible LED Neon Strip Lights. For more info, please read our warranty policy.
Q: What is the lifespan of your strip lights?
Our lights have been rigorously tested and have an expected lifespan of 50,000 hours before dropping to 70% luminosity. This means that if you were to use your lights 12 hours a day, every day, the lights would be expected to last longer than 10 years. Even after that time has elapsed, the lights will maintain a brightness of 70%. Higher-output strips require a heat sink to reach the expected lifespan and beyond.
Need assistance with your project or purchase? Our design specialists are ready to help.
Lucid™ Flexible LED Neon Strip Light - Installation Guide
Lucid™ Flexible LED Neon Strip Light - Data Sheet